Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Fun at Hilton Head

Since this was our first trip with Ty to Hilton Head, we tried to hit all the kid places. Although, Dafuskie Island is not a kid place, he did get to ride the boat over and then travel around on a golf cart. We had so much fun learning about the Gullah traditions and seeing the history on the island.




This is the sunset from behind our place. I love when the boats come in in the evening. It is so beautiful seeing them with the sunset. How can you not relax looking at this.
Oh yeah...thats right. Just have a 1 year old running around carrying HUGE chess pieces. That will throw that relaxing feeling out of the window.

I must say though. This life size chess board was pretty fun. I have no idea how to play chess but Ty and I had a blast rearranging all the pieces. He had to carry them all. As you can see, they were all so heavy.
We are headed out to The Salty Dog Cafe. I was SOOOOO VERY excited about this. They have the BEST crab legs. When we finally got seated, I looked at Travis and told him he was on Ty duty and to pretend I wasn't even there. I enjoyed those crab legs to the fullest and thanked Captain Phil and Captain Sig for braving the Bering Sea to catch them for me.



After some good food, we headed to Sea Pines to look at the big boats, do a little shopping and have some ice cream. Where I found room for ice cream after those crab legs I do not know.



We also hit a kids interactive museum called The Sandbox. Ty had a blast here. Lots for him to do and it was inside which made me happy. I can not explain the heat we had to endure on this trip. It was terrible. Anyway, Ty got to dress up in many costumes but I liked the pirate best.

This one he might not like when he gets older. LOL
So many things for them to play with. He had fun playing with his Daddy.

I have so many more pictures but they are on my other camera and I haven't got those on the computer yet so these will have to do. I can not wait to go to the beach again. He absolutely loves it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You look gorgeous headed to the Salty Dog Cafe! The family pictures are great too! Good to see his pictures again - keep up the updates!