Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Neurologist Appointment

Oh how God is teaching me.  He has given me 3 more months to learn about faith and patience.

I have written and re-written this post and I just cant get down what I want to say.  To sum up the appointment, it goes like this.  As of right now, there is nothing I can do but wait till she is born.  The doctors will continue to keep a close eye for hydrocephalus (water on the brain) and making sure nothing else comes up in the mean time.  As for the neurologist, his main concern is for when she is born and what the brain looks like then.  They will do an U/S on the brain to determine if there is any water.  If there is not, I will be able to take her home with me.  If they do find that there is water, she will have to go in for surgery and have a shunt put in.   I know I have mentioned a fetal MRI to many of you, but after speaking with the neurologist, I believe we are going to skip that.  It wont be as definitive as he would like and she would still have to have one.  He said that I can wait a few weeks to have the MRI done for our baby girl.  The MRI will confirm the Dandy Walker variation diagnosis.

So, we continue to wait and pray.  Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.  They really do make a difference.
Oh yeah...I hope to have a name nailed down soon so keep checking.

No comments: