Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bye Bye Pappy!

I am hoping to start Ty in a preschool program this year.  I have so loved my mom keeping him during the day for us.  He loves it too!  So in preparation, I decided it was time to say bye bye to pappy.   I knew this was going to be a battle, but I was ready for it.  I sat down with Ty and told him we had to give his pappy back to Mr. Pappy Man.  We came inside and colored an envelope and addressed it To: Mr. Pappy Man   From: Ty.

    Daddy walked him out to the mailbox  


Time to put it in the mailbox!
  
Push it in there real good.

Make sure the door clicks!


Don't forget the flag!!!
Even though this looked painless, it wasn't  He was OK for a while, but when night night came, he wanted Mr. Pappy Man to give it back.  I stayed with him for a while in his room and held his hand and he went straight to sleep, ONLY to wake up in the middle of the night WANTING his PAPPY!!! I ended up putting him in our bed for 2 nights.  Now I am letting him cry it out.  He has done ok.  The one thing I really miss is, he use to sleep til atleast 8, sometimes 9.  Now he is up at 6:45-7.  UGH!  But all in all, he has done good.  We are still whinny when we go to bed, but it now only last for a few minutes. Praise God!

No comments: