Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tubes again

So here is my official apology to Ty.  Mommy is sorry she fused at you for not listening.  As most of you know, Ty is a pretty good listener when asked to do something.  The last month or so he has not been doing so well with that.  After having to tell him numerous times to do something and looking straight at him and him not hearing me, I decided to get his hearing checked before we started punishments.  Thank goodness I took him in.  I wasn't expecting there to be anything wrong, but the audiologist looked at me and said he had mild hearing loss in BOTH ears!  What!!!!  There was fluid on both ears and she said the Dr would probably put tubes in.  I asked her if this would affect his hearing long term and she said that she tested behind the fluid and his ear drums were fine and that he would be able to hear once the fluid was gone.  

So on to Dr. Hill.  He did recommend the tubes and we also decided to take the adenoids out as well.  Ty snores really loud and since it was a minor surgery I was ok with it.
Morning of procedure!  Lets do this. 
Ty and Travis chilling, but only for like 2 minutes.  They are fast.

The morning of surgery.  He was still tired since we had to wake him at 6:15 and he normally wakes around 7:30. 

Prepped and ready to go back. 

All done and heading home.
Don't let this picture fool ya.  He was NOT happy afterwards.  He was screaming in the back.  He had an IV in his hand and he wanted it out!  You can see he is favoring his left hand in the picture.  Once we got him in the car he was better.  He said he did not like the mask.  That is how the put them to sleep.  He said he cried.  It broke my heart.  Dr Hill did say there was a good bit of fluid on both ears and was able to get it mostly all out.  The adenoids were also a good size.  It was good we removed those.  He said Ty would have bad breath for a few day afterwards.  On the way home, We stopped for biscuits at Bajangles and got Ty a jelly biscuit.  He ate the whole thing and then I had to take the biscuit I had left off my Spicy chicken filet and put jelly on that for him to eat.  Not to happy about that, but anything for my sweet boy.  When we got home he layed in bed for 45 minutes and was then ready to play.  It was a normal day for us after that.


No comments: