Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

TUBES

So I took Ty to the doctor on Friday because I did not think his ears were any better. Well, his right ear was still infected. Don't forget, he has been on antibiotics everyday since July, 7th. We had an ENT appt set for September 11th. A WHOLE MONTH AWAY. I did not like this. I had called everyday since the appt was made to see if there had been a cancellation. Nothing. Since his ears were not better, Ty's doctor said it was time for rocephin(sp?) shots. I hate to see him get shots. It breaks my heart, but he handles them so well. I told Ty's Dr. when we had the appt set for the ENT and he said he was going to see if we could get it moved up. Well, 30 minutes later we were at the ENT's office seeing the Dr there. What a crazy Friday. I was not expecting any of this at all (mind you I am still hobbleing around on my injured toe, you know the one I hurt when I fell down the stairs in the middle of the night after tending to a crying baby at 2:3o in the morning, and yes it is still purple and HURTING). I called Travis and told him to meet me at the ENT's office and thank goodness he was able to. We have scheduled Ty's tubes for Wednesday morning probably around 6:45 am. I willl get the final time the day before the procedure. He said is should take about 5-10 minutes and that he will be put to sleep with gas and NO NEEDLES. I think the whole NICU experience has really made me sensitive to all this stuff. Anyway, Just asking for prayers for the little man and the doctor. I know this is a routine procedure, but it is not routine for me. I will let you know how things go on Wednesday.
You know I have to leave with a pic!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Tubes tomorrow? Will you be at Richland? That's where I work and I would be happy to come bring you some coffee and sit with you while you wait! Email me at rachwj@gmail.com!