Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Who needs hair anyway

Monday morning I got up and jumped in the shower. In 2 seconds the floor was covered in hair.  To be honest, I wasn't sure how I was going to take it.  I mean, I already had only one breast. How much harder could not having hair be?  So I went about my day...hair falling out everywhere and I mean in handfuls.  I had my womens group bible study that night. One of my friends there, Merewynn, cuts hair.  She was amazed at how it was falling out.  As we watched a movie about Esther, she would look back and check to see how much was laying on my lap.  She was like, you are going to be bald by morning.  I had to laugh.  After having another day of hair everywhere, I decided to have her come over and shave the rest off.  I was ready for this right?  Right.  

 Ty is excited. He loves Mrs. Crazy Merewynn.

 Here goes!



 And...it's gone.

 Now do we look alike? Nope she still looks like Travis.

Thank you Merewynn for doing something that I am sure was not fun for you.  But you made it easy for me. God has blessed me with your friendship.  

So, the whole no hair thing...not to bad.  The hardest part was knowing that people will know now by just looking at you.  And they look at you. Not in a bad way.    I know they are just curious. It doesn't bother me.  They probably have someone they know either going through it or has been through it.  Time to buy some hats and scarves.  Ty loves it and Logan didn't cry when I held her. So I say it was a success!

No comments: