Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Who's Ready for Some Chemo!!!!

So today is the day.Chemo day.  I don't think the word scared truly portrays what I am feeling.  Terrified sounds a little better. But I have to get started so I can finish! Here is a quick glimps of my first day.  

 Here we are rolling up to South Carolina Oncology Associates


 Time to check in!


 Going to Mid level....Infusion.




And we are off...starting my fluids and pre-meds. 
 I will be getting a lot today and will come back tomorrow for more.


 I'm all hooked up to my port. (I'm writing this 3 months past, so little did I know then that the smile on my face would not return for a very long time)


 This is my AMAZING nurse Beth.  She warned me that I probably wouldn't like her after today.  I told her nah...it takes a lot for me not to like someone. (She was right.I didn't want to see her the next day.)


 This is the Adriamycin.  It is not in the drip format.  She has to push it.  It takes about 3-5 minutes.  This is the stuff that will kill you.  I didn't know it then, but good gracious.  


 It's going through my port.

 Red medicine just seems so odd.


 Love this woman.  She is a hoot and takes no crap.



The waiting area.  Just giving you guys an idea of where I am at.  

First day went by pretty well.  Ate a turkey sandwich from the cafe.  It was really good.  Couldnt get my computer to connect to wi-fi there.  That was a bummer.  Hoping the next 3 months go by quickly.  

No comments: