Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Nursery is Painted

What a relief. Friday night, after a long day at work and being out of town, my husband started working on painting the nursery. I kept my friend, Heather, twins Friday night and when I got home Travis was marking lines and getting ready to tape. I was able to help him with that and to get 2 coats of white paint on before we went to bed. Not too bad so far.

Saturday morning, we got up and started the real work. Having 4 colors of paint on the wall is not easy to handle. We got our first coats on and must say it looked good. By this time, my arms were ready to fall off. I am not good at cutting in paint, so Travis did all that while I rolled paint and brushed it.

By 6 o'clock I was starving and fortunatly we have awesome neighbors who invited us over for chili and hot dogs. Kate knows how much I love chili and I didn't even have to wash all the paint off of me before I went over there which was nice considering I didn't want to go out in public looking as beautiful as I did.

After diner, we took a break and went to mom and dads to watch the Carlolina football game. It was nice to sit and relax for a bit. I decided to leave at halftime, being that Carolina was playing an OK game. When I got home, I decided I would love to have the room finished before Travis got home. I literally finished 2 minutes before he walked in. He thought everything looked good and so we pulled the last of the paint tape off to see our finished product. Here you go:


All we have left to finish is a few decorations and for the little one to get here.

2 comments:

Sara P.B. said...

Wow, that is an impressive paint job! It looks great and professional. I am so excited for y'all. Motherhood is awesome, well after the first few months it is, and then it just gets better with every day!!! Love you and miss you!

princessp said...

It looks great! I love it!