Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Whew!!!

Well, I went in for my Glucose test at the hospital this morning. I got there at 6:45am. I wanted to get this thing over as soon as possible. This is the test where you have to fast (no eating, drinking, gum, Rolaids, NOTHING) from 8pm the night before. Do you know how hard that is for a 7 month pregnant person. I started my test at 6:55am and drank that NASTY sugar drink in 4 minutes flat. It wouldn't be so bad if you had a little food on your stomach or could wash it down with something, but NOOOOO they make you suffer. I had blood drawn at 8, 9, and 10am. I had to sit in the waiting room the whole time and could not leave. How boring was that. I did actually get a pillow and blanket and took a nap for a while. I believe that made me feel a little better. I had to wait for the test results and take them across the street to my doctor afterwards. Finally!! I PASSED. WOOOHOOOO. I was so worried. With this baby already weighing about a pound above average, I just knew I had gestational diabetes. How happy am I right now. I have my next Dr. appointment on September 9. It is just a quick check-up and then I have another growth ultrasound 2 weeks after that. Can y'all believe I only have 10 1/2 weeks left before this precious little one gets here. I can not wait. The first thing I want to do is sleep on my stomach. Oh, how I miss that so much.

No comments: