Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ty

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Luke

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting Closer

First of all, let me say thank you to everyone for all the prayers. For those who do not know, my grandmother Colleen passed away Tuesday. She had her second stroke and just didn't recover from this one. She was a fighter though. It really breaks my heart that Ty will not get to meet her. She was such an amazing person with so much love. She was really looking forward to meeting him. Every time I would visit her, she would rub my tummy and say "We are waiting for you Little Man. You are just so precious." It would just melt my heart. I am truly going to miss her.

I went to the doctor this morning for another fetal monitoring session. Usually, Ty is very cooperative and I am in and out in 30 minutes. Well, not so much today. He kept moving around and we couldn't get a steady heartbeat. I couldn't feel his movements but we kept loosing the heartbeat. Once we got a steady rhythm, I couldn't get him to make any moves so we could record them. We gave him a quick buzz and that woke him up. I am having some pretty good contractions in my back and now in my abdomen. The doctor says that I am maybe a fingertip dilated but nothing to substantial. This is really important for me right now considering I am having to travel to Spring Branch which is about 2 hours and 45 minutes away for my Grandma burial. The doctor said I should be fine to travel, but to turn around and come back at the first sign of labor.

Just a funny story real quick. The other day I was eating lunch with my dad at Providence hospital. It was just him and me and while we were sitting there eating, I had a pretty good contractions. I made the mistake of telling him, because as soon as I said it, he turned WHITE!!!! He asked if I needed to get to my hospital. It was so funny. The panic on his face was priceless. I loved it. Sorry Dad. I just had to have a record of that one. Anyway. I will keep you posted as soon as something exciting happens.

Thanks again for your prayers.

No comments: